ABILENE, Texas - More details have been revealed about next week's military hearing involving a Dyess airman who has been charged for his part in the death of a 22-month-old child of alleged child neglect suspect Tiffany Klapheke.
The hearing is scheduled to proceed at 8:30 a.m. Monday.
"The purpose of the investigation is to inquire into the truth of the matter alleged in the charges, to consider the form of the charges, to make recommendations as to disposition of the charges, and provide discovery about the case to the defense," according to a Dyess news release.
Christopher Perez was recently charged by the military with failure to report child abuse or neglect, adultery and child endangerment in relation to the case of Tiffany Klapheke. Perez allegedly had a relationship with her while her husband was deployed.
Klapheke was arrested after her 22-month-old daughter Tamryn was found dead. The coroner said the child likely died from circumstances of severe neglect.
Klapheke was charged with three counts of felony injury to a child after Tamryn died and her sisters, ages three and six months, suffered injuries consistent with severe neglect.
Klapheke was married to Dyess airman Thomas Klapheke, who was overseas when Tamryn died. He has since filed for divorce.
When the military hearing occurs, it is possible that 7th Bomb Wing Commanding Officer Col. Glen D. VanHerck could dismiss some or all of Perez's charges.
Perez could also be court-martialed. There is also a possibility Perez's charges could be referred to another officer for a lesser form of punishment.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated