ABILENE, Texas - Preliminary court proceedings for the Klapheke trial are set to begin Friday morning.
Tiffany Klapheke, 23, was arrested in August 2012 after toddler died on Dyess Air Force Base. The medical examiner listed the 22-month-old child's manner of death as homicide by malnutrition and dehydration.
Her pre-trial hearing is set for 9 a.m. Friday in the 104th District Court under Judge Lee Hamilton at the Taylor County Courthouse. Klapheke remains jailed on $500,000 bail for a first-degree felony injury to a child charge.
Her trial is set for Monday, Jan. 27.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson