ABILENE, Texas - Preliminary court proceedings for the Klapheke trial are set to begin Friday morning.
Tiffany Klapheke, 23, was arrested in August 2012 after toddler died on Dyess Air Force Base. The medical examiner listed the 22-month-old child's manner of death as homicide by malnutrition and dehydration.
Her pre-trial hearing is set for 9 a.m. Friday in the 104th District Court under Judge Lee Hamilton at the Taylor County Courthouse. Klapheke remains jailed on $500,000 bail for a first-degree felony injury to a child charge.
Her trial is set for Monday, Jan. 27.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade