ABILENE, Texas - A man with Abilene ties on the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list has been captured in Ville Platte, Louisiana.
Cory James Fisher, a 35-year-old confirmed member of the Gangster Disciples gang, was taken into custody without incident on Tuesday.
Fisher, who has worked in masonry and janitorial jobs, has a lengthy criminal history that includes aggravated robbery, manufacturing/delivery of controlled substance, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon and evading arrest.
Since 2005, he has served time in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice three separate times.
After entering a substance abuse treatment facility in Fort Worth in July 2013 after being paroled, Abilene police arrested Fisher in January 2014 for possession of a controlled substance. He bonded out.
The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles issued a warrant for his arrest based on a parole violation on Jan. 8 and surety withdrawal warrants were issued in Taylor County for Fisher's arrest on April 17.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide