ABILENE, Texas - One of two still-on-the-loose, armed-and-dangerous East Texas jail escapees was a Taylor County Jail inmate in 1994, officials announced Thursday.
Brian Allen Tucker, 45, who faces a capital murder charge in the 2011 slaying of Bobby Riley of Mahoney, was arrested in Abilene in 1994 for a parole violation, the Taylor County Sheriff's Office announced in a news release.
"He had an arrest prior to that in Abilene in 1992 for Public Intoxication, Credit Card Abuse, and Burglary of a Building," the news release said. "Tucker gave an Encino Street address in Abilene, as his residence at the time of his arrest."
Tucker of Sulphur Springs and John Marlin King, 40, of Cumby remained at large Thursday.
Tucker and King spent a second night on the run as officials investigate whether the men stole a vehicle and have a gun.
Investigators want to know if the escapees stole a vehicle Wednesday afternoon in Sulphur Springs. One of the vehicles stolen yesterday in Sulphur Springs was a black 2010 Saturn Vue with Texas license plates CR6-D425. Deputies believe a pistol was in the vehicle.
While Tucker faces the capital murder charge, King last month was sentenced to 40 years in prison in a drug case. The two turned up missing Tuesday from the jail in Sulphur Springs, about 75 miles northeast of Dallas.
According to the sheriff's office, the vehicle was last seen heading northbound, from FM 3134 in Sulphur Springs, after King forced his way inside a residence to steal food.
Tucker is described as white, 5-foot-7, 171 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and numerous tattoos, including one across the back of his head that reads "Drop Dead." King is described as white, 5-foot-8, 165 pounds with black hair and hazel yes. He has a light mustache and goatee.
With both men considered armed and dangerous, anyone with information about the two men is asked to contact the Hopkins County Sheriff's Office at 903-438-4040, the Taylor County Sheriff's Office at 674-1300, or Abilene Police Department at 673-8331.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated