ABILENE, Texas - Police arrested a 20-year-old Abilene man who allegedly was in possession of nine pounds of marijuana earlier this week.
Joe Gamez was picked up in the 5100 block of Fairmont Street, less than 1,000 feet away from Reagan Elementary.
Gamez was charged with a third-degree felony of possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone. He was booked into Taylor County Jail, where he was later released. His bond had been set at $8,000 bail.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen