ABILENE, Texas - Police arrested a 20-year-old Abilene man who allegedly was in possession of nine pounds of marijuana earlier this week.
Joe Gamez was picked up in the 5100 block of Fairmont Street, less than 1,000 feet away from Reagan Elementary.
Gamez was charged with a third-degree felony of possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone. He was booked into Taylor County Jail, where he was later released. His bond had been set at $8,000 bail.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot