BAIRD, Texas - Authorities continue to search for Danny Mitchell Cannon, a 54-year-old man who now faces a murder charge after preliminary autopsy results show a 51-year-old Baird woman died from multiple gunshot wounds.
Cannon previously had been named as a "person of interest" in connection with Barbara Ruth Holland's death. Considered armed and dangerous, Cannon now faces a first-degree murder charge.
The victim is known to many in Baird as Brenda Waggoner Kanady.
"He (Cannon) is a murder suspect," Baird City Marshal Eric Howard said Wednesday. "We do have a possible lead, but unable to release at this time."
Howard, in an email, said plans are to provide "a further update as soon as possible."
Previously, Howard said Cannon – who resides north of Clyde – had a "relationship history" with Holland.
According to Howard, Cannon has an outstanding warrant out of Callahan County for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, along with another one for first-degree felony murder out of the Baird City Marshal's Office.
The search for Cannon entered its third day Wednesday.
About 4 p.m., Sunday, officers with the Baird City Marshal's Office were called to Holland's home.
"Some friends had been contacting her, trying to reach her throughout the day on Sunday," Howard said Monday. "They went to make contact with her in person and that's when they found her."
Howard previously said it appears Holland died sometime Saturday evening or overnight into Sunday morning.
Anyone with information regarding the homicide should call the Baird City Marshal's Office at 325-854-1212.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade