ABILENE, Texas - A 21-year-old man is accused of breaking into four Abilene restaurants. Three of the businesses are located on South 14th Street.
Trey Shedd who was arrested for felony burglary of a building, is in the Taylor County Jail with bond set at $75,000. More charges are possible in this case.
Abilene police tell KTXS the burglaries started on May 24. Alfredo's Mexican Restaurant and Wienerschnitzel were the latest victims. The two restaurants were broken into during the early morning hours on Tuesday.
A security consultant for one of the victims called police on Wednesday stating he spotted the suspect. Abilene police located Shedd in a parking lot on South 14th Street. He was taken to the Law Enforcement Center for questioning.
Police found clothing in Shedd's possession that matched the clothing the suspect wore as seen on surveillance video. Some stolen property was also recovered, according to an APD release.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi