ABILENE, Texas - A 21-year-old man is accused of breaking into four Abilene restaurants. Three of the businesses are located on South 14th Street.
Trey Shedd who was arrested for felony burglary of a building, is in the Taylor County Jail with bond set at $75,000. More charges are possible in this case.
Abilene police tell KTXS the burglaries started on May 24. Alfredo's Mexican Restaurant and Wienerschnitzel were the latest victims. The two restaurants were broken into during the early morning hours on Tuesday.
A security consultant for one of the victims called police on Wednesday stating he spotted the suspect. Abilene police located Shedd in a parking lot on South 14th Street. He was taken to the Law Enforcement Center for questioning.
Police found clothing in Shedd's possession that matched the clothing the suspect wore as seen on surveillance video. Some stolen property was also recovered, according to an APD release.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels