ABILENE, Texas - A 21-year-old man is accused of breaking into four Abilene restaurants. Three of the businesses are located on South 14th Street.
Trey Shedd who was arrested for felony burglary of a building, is in the Taylor County Jail with bond set at $75,000. More charges are possible in this case.
Abilene police tell KTXS the burglaries started on May 24. Alfredo's Mexican Restaurant and Wienerschnitzel were the latest victims. The two restaurants were broken into during the early morning hours on Tuesday.
A security consultant for one of the victims called police on Wednesday stating he spotted the suspect. Abilene police located Shedd in a parking lot on South 14th Street. He was taken to the Law Enforcement Center for questioning.
Police found clothing in Shedd's possession that matched the clothing the suspect wore as seen on surveillance video. Some stolen property was also recovered, according to an APD release.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS