ABILENE, Texas - A 36-year-old Abilene man died late last week after his boss allegedly struck him in the head with a baseball bat after the employee broke into the owner's house, police said Tuesday.
Killed was Christopher Moran. He died Saturday.
The fatal altercation before 3 p.m. Friday was the result of an ongoing dispute between the two, according to police. It occurred at a residence in the 1100 block of Burger Street.
Police say the case will be forwarded to a Taylor County grand jury for further review. The business owner was questioned after the altercation but not charged, police have said.
According to an Abilene Police Department news release, the resident – who police aren't naming until a grand jury hears the case – provided medical care to Moran while he was on the phone with the 911 operator.
Police say Moran drove to the residence, where a verbal altercation ensued and then the resident went back inside the home. That's when Moran allegedly attempted to force entry into the house – and that's when the resident struck Moran in the head with a bat, police said.
Both of the resident's children – ages 10 and 15 – were in the home at the time of the altercation, according to police. The resident surrendered the bat to police.
Moran's body was taken to the Medical Examiner's Office in Fort Worth for an autopsy.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated