TYLER, Texas (AP) - An 18-month-old girl is dead after she was run over by a school bus that had just offloaded children in a rural East Texas subdivision.
Authorities identified the girl as Arra Preciado. Trooper Jean Dark of the Texas Department of Public Safety said accident happened about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday about 3 miles northwest of Tyler. She said the child walked in front of the Chapel Hill school bus as it pulled away from the stop, first knocking her down then running over her body.
Dark said the bus driver, at first, was unaware that the child had been run over but stopped around the corner from the site.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend