TYLER, Texas (AP) - An 18-month-old girl is dead after she was run over by a school bus that had just offloaded children in a rural East Texas subdivision.
Authorities identified the girl as Arra Preciado. Trooper Jean Dark of the Texas Department of Public Safety said accident happened about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday about 3 miles northwest of Tyler. She said the child walked in front of the Chapel Hill school bus as it pulled away from the stop, first knocking her down then running over her body.
Dark said the bus driver, at first, was unaware that the child had been run over but stopped around the corner from the site.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth