TYLER, Texas (AP) - An 18-month-old girl is dead after she was run over by a school bus that had just offloaded children in a rural East Texas subdivision.
Authorities identified the girl as Arra Preciado. Trooper Jean Dark of the Texas Department of Public Safety said accident happened about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday about 3 miles northwest of Tyler. She said the child walked in front of the Chapel Hill school bus as it pulled away from the stop, first knocking her down then running over her body.
Dark said the bus driver, at first, was unaware that the child had been run over but stopped around the corner from the site.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking
- 150 exhibitors to attend Texas Farm, Ranch & Wildlife Expo in Abilene
- Missing elderly woman found safe in Abilene
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field