BRADY, Texas - Three men have been arrested in Brady in what Brown County Sheriff Bobby Grubbs calls "one of the largest seizures of methamphetamine in the area for quite some time."
Arrested this week were Chester Horton, Victor Jordan Hernandez and Stephen Gomez.
"Gomez and Horton are known Brownwood area drug dealers," Grubbs said in a news release.
According to Grubbs, the suspects have "moved a significant amount of crystalline methamphetamine (also known as ICE) in Brownwood, Brady and in the central Texas area for several months."
Grubbs said Brady police worked cooperatively with Brown County on surveillance of a residence at 1411 S. College before joining with County sheriff's deputies to seize 60 grams of high-grade crystalline methamphetamine and associated paraphernalia. Also seized, Grubbs said, was a counter-surveillance system and several cameras.
A fourth man – Phillip David Gomez – fled the residence minutes before officers executed a warrant, Grubbs said. He is a "Brownwood area drug dealer and target of the investigation," the news release said.
"Cooperative efforts to locate Phillip Gomez are ongoing in McCullough and Brown counties," the release said.
Also Wednesday, Brown County Sheriff's Office deputies stopped Timothy Scott Richardson in the 1500 block of Coggin Avenue in Brownwood, the release said.
Deputies found 21 grams of high-grade crystalline methamphetamine as a result, the release said. Because Richardson was within 1,000 feet of Coggin Avenue Baptist Church Youth Center, he was charged with enhanced offense of "Possession with Intent to Deliver a Penalty Group 1 Substance" within a drug-free zone.
Additionally, Richardson was charged with tampering with physical evidence after he reportedly attempted to destroy the drugs during the stop by officers, Grubbs said. Richardson was booked into Brown County Jail.
Meanwhile, the investigation continues and additional arrests are expected, Grubbs said.
"Drug abuse fuels most of the crime problems we face today and we will responsibly go after the drug problem with cooperative law enforcement," Grubbs said.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated