ABILENE, Texas - A stabbing sent one woman to the hospital and put another woman behind bars Monday morning.
Abilene police and city marshals responded to the incident at a home in the 2000 block of Mockingbird Lane just before 9 a.m. Officers on scene told KTXS it was a family violence incident and the victim suffered non-life threatening injuries, but they did not elaborate further.
The alleged assailant was handcuffed and placed in the back of a patrol car and the victim could be seen holding a bloody towel around her neck as she walked to the ambulance.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring