LUFKIN, Texas (AP) - Authorities say the theft of women's lingerie this week from a home in an East Texas county may be the latest in a two-year string of break-ins blamed on an intruder they've dubbed the "Panty Burglar."
Angelina County Sheriff's Lt. Pete Maskunas said the most recent burglary Tuesday has raised concerns because the thief also left with underwear belonging to a 5-year-old.
Maskunas said the sexual nature of the items taken, particularly now with juvenile underwear taken, "ups the ante" for authorities who believe they're dealing with someone with a fetish and perversion.
Sheriff Greg Sanches said nearly a dozen homes have been broken into over two years where only lingerie was reported missing. Other than that, investigators said they have little to go on.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account