MOODY, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas man has been charged with capital murder in the slaying of his mother and stepfather, whose bodies were found in their home.
Jail records show 42-year-old Darrell Wayne Parker of Little River is booked in the Bell County Jail in Belton without bond. Jail records list no attorney for Parker.
He's accused of killing 63-year-old Cathy Youngblood and her 62-year-old husband, Chuck Youngblood. Bell County sheriff's Lt. Donnie Adams said officers found their bodies Tuesday morning at their rural home near Moody, about 75 miles north of Austin. The officers were checking on their welfare after receiving a call from a friend of the couple.
Adams said neighbors noticed the couple's sport utility vehicle was missing. Parker was stopped later Tuesday with the vehicle.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web