WACO, Texas - A 25-year-old Texas man is facing an arson charge after being accused of setting fire to a school district's barn.
The Waco Tribune-Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1mXEp48 ) the July 31 fire destroyed two storage sheds containing feed and hay.
The barn was owned by the Midway Independent School District in Waco.
Video footage of the fire and a tip led authorities to arrest Trenton Ortner.
He was being held Sunday in the Bell County Jail on a $75,000 bond. Officials say Ortner would eventually be transferred to the McLennan County Jail in Waco.
Jail records did not list an attorney for Ortner, who is from Waco.
Hewitt police and State Fire Marshal's Office investigators determined the fire was intentionally set.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth