WACO, Texas - A 25-year-old Texas man is facing an arson charge after being accused of setting fire to a school district's barn.
The Waco Tribune-Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1mXEp48 ) the July 31 fire destroyed two storage sheds containing feed and hay.
The barn was owned by the Midway Independent School District in Waco.
Video footage of the fire and a tip led authorities to arrest Trenton Ortner.
He was being held Sunday in the Bell County Jail on a $75,000 bond. Officials say Ortner would eventually be transferred to the McLennan County Jail in Waco.
Jail records did not list an attorney for Ortner, who is from Waco.
Hewitt police and State Fire Marshal's Office investigators determined the fire was intentionally set.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay