SNYDER, Texas - A Scurry County grand jury has indicted 19-year-old Casandra Lopez for the murder of Omar Diaz, her 21-year-old boyfriend who was found dead in his Snyder residence on March 22.
Lopez, who avoided authorities for days after Diaz's body was located, remains in Scurry County Jail on bond set at $100,000, Snyder Police Chief Terry Luecke said Wednesday. Authorities found her in Ohio after she had fled.
She faces a first-degree murder charge.
Diaz's red 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT was found abandoned in "the Lubbock area" after Lopez's disappearance, Luecke said recently.
Lopez reportedly is from Rosenberg, which is southwest of Houston and south of Katy, and it remains unclear how she met Diaz.
Diaz was last seen with Lopez – identified as his girlfriend – on March 14 in Lorenzo, according to a recent state Department of Public Safety news release.
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency