SNYDER, Texas - A Scurry County grand jury has indicted 19-year-old Casandra Lopez for the murder of Omar Diaz, her 21-year-old boyfriend who was found dead in his Snyder residence on March 22.
Lopez, who avoided authorities for days after Diaz's body was located, remains in Scurry County Jail on bond set at $100,000, Snyder Police Chief Terry Luecke said Wednesday. Authorities found her in Ohio after she had fled.
She faces a first-degree murder charge.
Diaz's red 2004 Pontiac Grand Am GT was found abandoned in "the Lubbock area" after Lopez's disappearance, Luecke said recently.
Lopez reportedly is from Rosenberg, which is southwest of Houston and south of Katy, and it remains unclear how she met Diaz.
Diaz was last seen with Lopez – identified as his girlfriend – on March 14 in Lorenzo, according to a recent state Department of Public Safety news release.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide