HOUSTON - Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing has signed a six-year contract extension.
A person familiar with negotiations confirmed the deal Tuesday night. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team has not made an announcement.
The deal is reportedly worth more than $55 million.
Cushing was in the last year of the deal he signed as a rookie in 2009. The 26-year-old linebacker returned to the field this summer after sustaining a season-ending knee injury in Week 5 of last season.
Cushing, who was the Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2009, has had more than 110 tackles in the two seasons when he played each game.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide