MOBILE, Ala. (WPMI) - Bond for a 47-year-old accused of beating his mother to death with her own oxygen tank has been set at $150,000, the Mobile District Attorney's Office said Monday.
The district attorney said Joseph Wood beat his mother to death because she "wouldn’t stop crying."
Police confirmed 70-year-old Carol Croucher, who was bedridden and in hospice care, sustained blunt force trauma.
Wood has been charged with murder.
Mobile police are currently on the scene of a death investigation on Cottage Hill Road near Kasserrine Pass and University Blvd in West Mobile.
Police say they were notified around 10 a.m. Friday, but have not revealed who notified them.
Police have identified the victim as 70-year-old Carol Croucher and revealed that she sustained blunt force trauma.
Friday afternoon, police arrested the woman's son, 47-year-old Joseph Wood, and charged him with her murder.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country