PLANO, Texas (AP) - A 13-year-old suburban Dallas boy playing around at home with some friends decided to see if he could fit in a washing machine.
It turns out he could, but then he couldn't get out.
His parents wound up calling firefighters in Plano. Fire department spokeswoman Peggy Harrell tells The Dallas Morning News firefighters were able to remove the top from the washer and pull out the boy. He wasn't hurt.
The fire department, in a tweet about the Saturday rescue, calls it "extreme #springcleaning."
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene murder victim's family: Suspect shouldn't have chance to get out
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- KTXS Forecast: Windy afternoon with building storm chances tonight.
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals