ARLINGTON, Texas - Yu Darvish allowed two singles over 6 1-3 innings in his first start in 16 days, combining with three relievers on a three-hitter as the Texas Rangers beat the New Yankees 3-0 Monday night.
Darvish (9-4) struck out four and walked two, leaving after he allowed consecutive batters to reach in the seventh. He threw 60 of 90 pitches for strikes.
Before the game, the Rangers announced they had acquired right-hander Matt Garza from the Chicago Cubs. Garza will likely make his Texas debut Wednesday night against the Yankees.
Ivan Nova (4-3) struck out four while throwing a season-high 112 pitches over seven innings.
All-Star closer Joe Nathan pitched the ninth for his 31st save in 32 chances to cap the Rangers' eighth shutout of the season.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting