ARLINGTON, Texas - Yu Darvish allowed two singles over 6 1-3 innings in his first start in 16 days, combining with three relievers on a three-hitter as the Texas Rangers beat the New Yankees 3-0 Monday night.
Darvish (9-4) struck out four and walked two, leaving after he allowed consecutive batters to reach in the seventh. He threw 60 of 90 pitches for strikes.
Before the game, the Rangers announced they had acquired right-hander Matt Garza from the Chicago Cubs. Garza will likely make his Texas debut Wednesday night against the Yankees.
Ivan Nova (4-3) struck out four while throwing a season-high 112 pitches over seven innings.
All-Star closer Joe Nathan pitched the ninth for his 31st save in 32 chances to cap the Rangers' eighth shutout of the season.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated