ARLINGTON, Texas - Yu Darvish allowed two singles over 6 1-3 innings in his first start in 16 days, combining with three relievers on a three-hitter as the Texas Rangers beat the New Yankees 3-0 Monday night.
Darvish (9-4) struck out four and walked two, leaving after he allowed consecutive batters to reach in the seventh. He threw 60 of 90 pitches for strikes.
Before the game, the Rangers announced they had acquired right-hander Matt Garza from the Chicago Cubs. Garza will likely make his Texas debut Wednesday night against the Yankees.
Ivan Nova (4-3) struck out four while throwing a season-high 112 pitches over seven innings.
All-Star closer Joe Nathan pitched the ninth for his 31st save in 32 chances to cap the Rangers' eighth shutout of the season.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot