NEW YORK - Ryan Dempster of the Boston Red Sox has been suspended for five games and fined by Major League Baseball for intentionally hitting Yankees star Alex Rodriguez with a pitch.
The penalty was announced Tuesday by MLB senior vice president Joe Garagiola Jr. He also fined Yankees manager Joe Girardi for arguing with plate umpire Brian O'Nora on Sunday night.
Dempster could still play if he decides to appeal the penalty.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated