AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety is offering a $6,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the 1988 murder of Jones County girl.
Cortney Clayton was last seen Sept. 2, 1988, riding her bicycle to a convenience store a block from her home in Stamford. Her remains were found March 26, 1989 in a field 50 miles away.
To be eligible for the reward, tipsters must call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
The murder has been one of the Texas Rangers' top 12 cold cases since February 2013.
The tip must be received before next month’s featured cold case is announced in order to receive the $6,000 reward. Otherwise, the reward will be $3,000.
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson