ROSCOE, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety has identified two women as those killed in a Tuesday night crash near Roscoe.
DPS confirmed Wednesday what KTXS learned from Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden Tuesday evening that a Nissan Altima with the two women inside was struck by a loaded 18-wheeler near Interstate 20.
DPS also said the Altima had stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of Business 84 and US 84 just north of Roscoe. The Altima then pulled out in front of an 18-wheeler and was struck from the side.
The driver, Tasheanna Roshanda Heath, 30, and her passenger, Jacqueline Denise Porch, 50, both of Las Vegas, were declared dead at the scene.
The driver of the 18-wheeler, Victor Delos Santos, 62, was treated at the scene and released. Santos is from Robstown, south of San Antonio.
The crash remains under investigation.
- South Abilene Chik-fil-A closing for renovations
- Teen driving on Winters Freeway falls asleep, truck flips, lands upside down
- McMurry University set to demolish student art gallery
- Abilene woman advocates for HIV testing after losing brother to AIDS
- ACU football player accused of sexually assaulting intoxicated woman at party
- Thousands of painkillers missing from south Abilene pharmacy
- Brown County zoo owner blames high taxes as reason for shut down
- Bond reduction hearing rescheduled for Brownwood homicide suspect
- Ranger College to address 'misinformation' about tax referendum
- Brown County to allow fireworks on the 4th despite burn ban
- Former Brownwood High School coach indicted for having sex with student
- Brownwood council members to vote on denying electric rate hikes
- Court declines to review Snyder man's murder conviction because of long petition
- Train derailment: Whipped cream melts into creek near Colorado City, results in fish kill
- Whipped dairy topping causes fishkill in creek near Colorado City
- Taylor County urges ‘extreme caution' with fireworks on the 4th
- Taylor County firework stands open, officials offer tips for firework safety
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday