A 24-year-old man wanted for capital murder has been added to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list – and the Texas Department of Public Safety is offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to his capture.
Reginald “Reggie” Vernard Campbell is also wanted for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, a DPS news release said Thursday.
DPS says Campbell was allegedly involved in a fatal robbery Aug. 11 at the Quality Suites hotel in Sherman. A front desk clerk was shot and killed.
According to DPS, Campbell has ties to Columbia, S.C.; Fayetteville, N.C., and New York (including Yonkers and New York City). He lived in Corpus Christi during part of 2016.
“An investigation led authorities to arrest two female accomplices and identify Campbell as the masked suspect in the robbery and murder,” the release said.
Law enforcement encountered Campbell near Columbia, S.C., but after he assaulted the officers, Campbell escaped.
More information from DPS:
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters MUST provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted, and tipsters will be provided a tip number instead of using a name.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
- Suspect in Niblo investigation back in court for property
- Bicyclist injured after hitting vehicle in north Abilene
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD