ABILENE, Texas - A kilo of meth, 96 grams of heroin, 148 grams of cocaine and 12 ounces of marijuana – with a combined street value of $130,000 – were seized Thursday during a bust at a north Abilene home.
A firearm was also seized while the search warrant was being executed in the 1300 block of Fannin Street, according to the Taylor County Sheriff’s Office.
“No names are being released at this time due to an ongoing investigation,” a sheriff’s office social media message said.
A search for drugs was executed at a north Abilene house Thursday evening and multiple suspects were taken into custody.
According to a Taylor County Sheriff's Office deputy at the scene, a warrant was obtained to search a house for drugs at North 14th and Fannin streets. Law enforcement officers conducted that search around 5:45 p.m.
Few other details were given, as the deputy said more information would be made available in a news release to be sent out at a later time, but he did say that several people were arrested. Their identities were not made available, nor was the exact number of suspects arrested.
The sheriff's office has not said what drugs, if any, were seized from the house.
KTXS will update this article when we learn more.
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- 26 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Man being pulled by huskies across U.S. stops in Abilene to raise awareness
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- 3 arrested in drug bust near Bangs school
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain