ORLANDO, Florida - Tim Duncan scored 17 of his 19 points in the first half, Marco Belinelli also had 19 points, and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Orlando Magic 109-91 on Friday night.
San Antonio scored 17 straight points in the second quarter, turning a one-point edge into a 58-40 lead, and was able to rest Duncan for much of the second half while Orlando couldn't slice the deficit into single digits.
Both teams were playing without starting guards. The Spurs were without Tony Parker, who had a sprained ankle, and Orlando's Jameer Nelson was nursing a sprained foot. Both injuries were sustained in games Wednesday night.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend