ORLANDO, Florida - Tim Duncan scored 17 of his 19 points in the first half, Marco Belinelli also had 19 points, and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Orlando Magic 109-91 on Friday night.
San Antonio scored 17 straight points in the second quarter, turning a one-point edge into a 58-40 lead, and was able to rest Duncan for much of the second half while Orlando couldn't slice the deficit into single digits.
Both teams were playing without starting guards. The Spurs were without Tony Parker, who had a sprained ankle, and Orlando's Jameer Nelson was nursing a sprained foot. Both injuries were sustained in games Wednesday night.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash