ORLANDO, Florida - Tim Duncan scored 17 of his 19 points in the first half, Marco Belinelli also had 19 points, and the San Antonio Spurs beat the Orlando Magic 109-91 on Friday night.
San Antonio scored 17 straight points in the second quarter, turning a one-point edge into a 58-40 lead, and was able to rest Duncan for much of the second half while Orlando couldn't slice the deficit into single digits.
Both teams were playing without starting guards. The Spurs were without Tony Parker, who had a sprained ankle, and Orlando's Jameer Nelson was nursing a sprained foot. Both injuries were sustained in games Wednesday night.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer