CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Kevin Durant had 34 points and 12 rebounds, and the Oklahoma City Thunder held on to defeat the Charlotte Bobcats 89-85 Friday night without injured guard Russell Westbrook.
The Thunder announced before the game that Westbrook had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and is out until after the All-Star break.
Durant scored 14 points in the fourth quarter and finished 14 of 28 from the field. Serge Ibaka had 12 points and nine rebounds for the Thunder, who have won seven straight road games and 11 of 12 overall.
Reggie Jackson started in place of Westbrook but shot only 4 of 19 from the floor.
The Thunder managed to escape after Josh McRoberts missed a wide-open 3-pointer with 3 seconds left.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck