EASTLAND COUNTY, Texas - A 58-year-old woman was pronounced dead – and at least three others were taken to the hospital – after a two-vehicle crash Sunday on Hwy 6 in Eastland County.
Killed was Tami Diane Denton of The Woodlands. Her body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
The crash occurred about 3:20 p.m. Sunday on Hwy 6 near Carbon.
Denton was a passenger in a 2013 Jeep Compass driven by Lori Lynn Denton, a 52-year-old Spring woman who was treated at Eastland Memorial Hospital and then released.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a 2002 Chevrolet Suburban driven by 31-year-old Jose Daniel Diaz-Alvarado was heading south on Hwy 6 when it approached the Dentons' Jeep.
Diaz-Alvarado’s SUV tried to pass the Jeep, lost control and struck the Jeep, DPS said.
“Both vehicles went off of the road, into the west bar ditch and struck a tree,” DPS spokesman Fred Biddle said in a news release.
Two passengers in Diaz-Alvarado’s vehicle – 19-year-old Christian Perez and 18-year-old Jose Juarez – were taken to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth with serious injuries.
The DPS report didn't indicate if Diaz-Alvarado was taken to a hospital. No hometowns were listed to Diaz-Alvarado and his two passengers.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country