EASTLAND COUNTY, Texas - A grass fire 12 miles south of Cisco endangered several homes but ultimately destroyed about $30,000 worth of hay bales Tuesday afternoon.
The fire got the attention of multiple fire departments, including Rising Star, Cisco, Cross Plains, and responders from Eastland County. According to officials at the scene, close to 70 acres caught fire near CR 209 before it was contained.
Officials tell KTXS the fire encroached on several structures and was about 50 feet from a residence, but firefighters prevented any structures from catching fire. However, close to 700 bales of hay were destroyed.
No one was injured by the fire. The cause is still under investigation.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue