EASTLAND COUNTY, Texas - A grass fire 12 miles south of Cisco endangered several homes but ultimately destroyed about $30,000 worth of hay bales Tuesday afternoon.
The fire got the attention of multiple fire departments, including Rising Star, Cisco, Cross Plains, and responders from Eastland County. According to officials at the scene, close to 70 acres caught fire near CR 209 before it was contained.
Officials tell KTXS the fire encroached on several structures and was about 50 feet from a residence, but firefighters prevented any structures from catching fire. However, close to 700 bales of hay were destroyed.
No one was injured by the fire. The cause is still under investigation.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire