Electrical issues spark fire at south Abilene home
Abilene firefighters had to brave the icy conditions to combat a house fire in the 400 block of Sammons Street Saturday night.
Firefighters arrived on scene around 10:15 p.m. and spent approximately 20 minutes battling the blaze.
The homeowner and his pets were able to make it out of the home safely. The American Red Cross helped him find a place to stay overnight.
Firefighters tell KTXS the fire started in the attic and was the result of an electric problem.
Copyright 2013 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.