DALLAS - Monta Ellis scored 24 points, including 13 in the third quarter when Dallas took its first lead, and the Mavericks beat the Philadelphia 76ers 97-94 Monday night.
Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion had 20 points apiece for the Mavericks, who began a stretch of seven out of nine games in Dallas. Nowitzki had 10 rebounds, and Marion chipped in seven.
Ellis had 19 points in the second half and added a game-high 10 assists and two of Dallas' 11 blocked shots.
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized