DALLAS - Monta Ellis scored 24 points, including 13 in the third quarter when Dallas took its first lead, and the Mavericks beat the Philadelphia 76ers 97-94 Monday night.
Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion had 20 points apiece for the Mavericks, who began a stretch of seven out of nine games in Dallas. Nowitzki had 10 rebounds, and Marion chipped in seven.
Ellis had 19 points in the second half and added a game-high 10 assists and two of Dallas' 11 blocked shots.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash