ORLANDO - Monta Ellis scored 21 points, Dirk Nowitzki added 15 and the Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando 107-88 Monday night, extending the Magic's longest losing streak of the season to eight games.
The Mavericks won their third straight against sub-.500 teams since a blowout loss at San Antonio. Dallas now heads into a three-game stretch against Western Conference playoff contenders starting Wednesday at the Los Angeles Clippers.
Nowitzki did most of his damage in the first half with 10 points, two nights after scoring 20 in the third quarter on his way to a season-high 40 against New Orleans.
Jameer Nelson scored 21 and Glen Davis added 19 points and eight rebounds for the Magic, who got swept on a swing through five Western Conference cities and lost by an average of 20 points.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program