ORLANDO - Monta Ellis scored 21 points, Dirk Nowitzki added 15 and the Dallas Mavericks beat Orlando 107-88 Monday night, extending the Magic's longest losing streak of the season to eight games.
The Mavericks won their third straight against sub-.500 teams since a blowout loss at San Antonio. Dallas now heads into a three-game stretch against Western Conference playoff contenders starting Wednesday at the Los Angeles Clippers.
Nowitzki did most of his damage in the first half with 10 points, two nights after scoring 20 in the third quarter on his way to a season-high 40 against New Orleans.
Jameer Nelson scored 21 and Glen Davis added 19 points and eight rebounds for the Magic, who got swept on a swing through five Western Conference cities and lost by an average of 20 points.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon