(CNN) - Chris Soules is speaking out for the first time since his involvement in a fatal car accident.
"My family and I are overwhelmed with this tragedy, but we are sticking together and we'll get through it," Soules said in a statement. "Thank you for reaching out."
The former "Bachelor" star was arrested Monday night, following a crash that occurred near his home in Buchanan County, Iowa.
CELEBRITY MUGSHOTS -> http://www.ktxs.com/462817299
Soules was driving a 2008 Chevy pickup that collided with a tractor, according to a spokesman with the Iowa State Patrol. The individual driving the tractor was killed.
Soules was charged with a class D felony for leaving the scene of the accident. He posted $10,000 bail and is expected in court next month.
Court documents allege that Soules was in possession of "alcoholic beverages/containers."
After the accident, Soules' team issued a statement saying that he was "devastated to learn" that the victim had died.
Soules has since suspended his social media pages.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Former Texas teacher arrested for inappropriate relationship with a minor
- Viral photo shows baby on Santa's lap giving sign for 'help'
- KTXS Forecast: Warmer Wednesday weather
- Fake City of Abilene Facebook page removed, unclear who took it down
- Abilene police chief calls solving year-old murder of Abilene realtor ‘very high priority'
- Shipping deadlines quickly approaching for Christmas
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Fire engulfs trailer house in Tye
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out