BROWNWOOD, Texas - A former Brownwood High School boys soccer coach accused of having sex with a student pleaded guilty Tuesday.
Blake Danaher, 32, was sentenced to 10 years deferred adjudication and 240 hours of community service. He was also ordered to pay a $3,500 fine.
Danaher pleaded guilty to improper relationship between educator and student. He agreed to forfeit his teaching certificate.
He refused to give KTXS statement outside the courthouse regarding his plea agreement.
Brownwood Independent School District Superintendent Dr. Joe Young also didn't respond to a request from KTXS to comment on the deal.
"It was a negotiated agreement between myself and the district attorney's office," Danaher's lawyer Todd Steele said on Tuesday. "He had no significant criminal history."
Police arrested Danaher on Feb. 8 of this year after receiving a Crime Stoppers tip of a sexual relationship with a student, according to court documents.
Danaher began teaching and coaching at Brownwood High School in August of 2013. which was the same year a sexual relationship began with a 17-year-old female student, according to police.
"The alleged conduct was between two persons of consenting age. The thing that made the relationship illegal is the fact he was a teacher in the district," Steele said.
KTXS confirmed the student was a senior at the time Danaher allegedly began having sex with her.
According to court documents, police believe there were at least three sexual relationships with female students.
Danaher resigned from the Brownwood Independent School District on Feb. 1.
- 29 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Abilene teenager indicted for pair of violent robberies
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Abilene police warn of jury duty scam
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver