By Rachel Smith & Doug Myers/KTXS News
ABILENE, Texas -- A Ballinger family lost their home – and everything inside – during a fire Saturday.
Fundraising efforts are underway for homeowners Tim and Angela Gau, along with their two seventh-grade daughters.
The Gaus are employees of Ballinger ISD – Tim as technology director and Angela as a technology instructor.
The cause of the fire at their home on County Road 288, just west of town, hasn’t been released.
Three banks in Ballinger are accepting donations.
A GoFundMe account has also been established.
While Walmart has a list of clothes sizes for the two Gau daughters and their parents, the Gaus are in most need of cash, according to Ballinger ISD Superintendent Jeff Butts.
KTXS will provide additional details as they become available.
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- Police pursuit ends with Abilene suspect in custody
- Abilene police: Fake carjacking led to SWAT standoff
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Abilene couple robbed at gunpoint while sitting at stoplight
- Indicted: Man accused of robbing Abilene scrap metal business while wearing ‘Scream' mask
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup
- DPS identifies woman killed in fiery crash last week near Winters
- Man dies in Hamlin police custody, Texas Rangers investigating