ABILENE, Texas -

A burning candle is to blame for a fire that destroyed a north Abilene home Sunday night.

Firefighters arrived at the home in the 1600 block of Roosevelt Street around 8 p.m. and were able to extinguish the fire in under an hour.

The home suffered severe smoke, heat and water damage and firefighters called it a total loss.

Firefighters said police were first called to the scene for a domestic disturbance. While police were on scene, a resident of the home realized the house had caught fire.

Nobody was injured in the fire.