Fire displaces residents at Abilene apartment complex

POSTED: 9:31 PM Jun 27 2013   UPDATED: 10:16 PM Jun 27 2013
Abilene fire department
ABILENE, Texas -

Abilene firefighters fought a fire at a south side apartment complex Thursday night.

The fire department got the call about 8:40 pm of a fire at the Park Ridge Place Apartments on Andy Street.

When they got on the scene there was smoke and fire showing.

The fire, in apartment 701, started in a pan of grease on the stove.  The resident was not home at the time.

Ten apartments were evacuated while the blaze was put out.

No one was injured.