Fire danger is expected for a third straight afternoon across West Central Texas on Tuesday.
Red Flag Warnings will go into effect at 11 a.m. and continue through 8 p.m. for the following counties: Knox, Haskell, Throckmorton, Fisher, Jones, Shackelford, Nolan, Taylor (Abilene) and Callahan.
Wind speeds can be expected to range from 20-30 mph with higher gusts possible. This combined with very dry air along with mild temperatures in the middle 70s will keep the fire concerns escalated and make the efforts more difficult in controlling any ongoing fires.
Given the weather conditions expected for today, any and all outdoor burning is highly discouraged. Fires that initiate can spread rapidly.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson