Fire danger is expected for a third straight afternoon across West Central Texas on Tuesday.
Red Flag Warnings will go into effect at 11 a.m. and continue through 8 p.m. for the following counties: Knox, Haskell, Throckmorton, Fisher, Jones, Shackelford, Nolan, Taylor (Abilene) and Callahan.
Wind speeds can be expected to range from 20-30 mph with higher gusts possible. This combined with very dry air along with mild temperatures in the middle 70s will keep the fire concerns escalated and make the efforts more difficult in controlling any ongoing fires.
Given the weather conditions expected for today, any and all outdoor burning is highly discouraged. Fires that initiate can spread rapidly.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Justin Ross Harris gets life for leaving boy in hot car to die
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade