Fire danger is expected for a third straight afternoon across West Central Texas on Tuesday.
Red Flag Warnings will go into effect at 11 a.m. and continue through 8 p.m. for the following counties: Knox, Haskell, Throckmorton, Fisher, Jones, Shackelford, Nolan, Taylor (Abilene) and Callahan.
Wind speeds can be expected to range from 20-30 mph with higher gusts possible. This combined with very dry air along with mild temperatures in the middle 70s will keep the fire concerns escalated and make the efforts more difficult in controlling any ongoing fires.
Given the weather conditions expected for today, any and all outdoor burning is highly discouraged. Fires that initiate can spread rapidly.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire