Fire danger is expected for a third straight afternoon across West Central Texas on Tuesday.
Red Flag Warnings will go into effect at 11 a.m. and continue through 8 p.m. for the following counties: Knox, Haskell, Throckmorton, Fisher, Jones, Shackelford, Nolan, Taylor (Abilene) and Callahan.
Wind speeds can be expected to range from 20-30 mph with higher gusts possible. This combined with very dry air along with mild temperatures in the middle 70s will keep the fire concerns escalated and make the efforts more difficult in controlling any ongoing fires.
Given the weather conditions expected for today, any and all outdoor burning is highly discouraged. Fires that initiate can spread rapidly.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated