LOGAN COUNTY, WV (WCHS/WVAH) - The Logan County Board of Education voted to fire a Logan High School teacher accused of sending numerous explicit photos to male students over the course of several months.
The board voted Thursday to fire Tracy Miller, the Logan Banner reported.
On Sept. 1, Miller was arrested on three counts of distribution or exhibition of obscene matter to minors after the Logan County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by the school’s administration with a concern of the possibility that Miller had sent nude photographs of herself to several male students, according to a news release from the sheriff's office.
Administrators advised they were made aware of the situation when one of the students disclosed they had pictures of the teacher saved on his phone, the release said.
Sgt. Nick Booth, the school resource officer, interviewed Miller and another student after being informed of the situation by the school’s principal. Miller confessed to her actions and said most of the photos were sent through Snapchat, the release said. She also told police that she did not recall the number of pictures sent and that she had possibly sent them to as many as five different students.
Miller started teaching at Logan High School in January of this year. The initial investigation found that numerous photos were sent to several students over the span of several months.
Miller was arrested and processed at the sheriff's office and arraigned in Logan County Magistrate Court in front of Magistrate Dwight Williamson. She was released on a personal recognizance bond.
The investigation continues and the sheriff's office said it is looking for additional students or individuals who may have received inappropriate photos.
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson