Abilene, TX - The first "Beer Summit" was held at Frontier Texas Saturday.
This is the first beer summit to be held in Abilene.
"Well over the past 5 years in Texas especially, there have been a lot of these beer summits, and beer festivals, going on and I've been wanting to bring one here to Abilene and get it out to West Texas, so I'm glad we could put this together," said Mike Weber, General Manager of Ben E. Keith Beverages.
Over one thousand people turned up to taste 87 different brands of beer from breweries all across the country.
Keith hopes to continue the tradition next year after seeing such a large crowd.
The summit also included plenty of live entertainment and brewing presentations.
All proceeds will go to New Horizons, a non-profit that helps Texas children and families.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase