Abilene, TX - The first "Beer Summit" was held at Frontier Texas Saturday.
This is the first beer summit to be held in Abilene.
"Well over the past 5 years in Texas especially, there have been a lot of these beer summits, and beer festivals, going on and I've been wanting to bring one here to Abilene and get it out to West Texas, so I'm glad we could put this together," said Mike Weber, General Manager of Ben E. Keith Beverages.
Over one thousand people turned up to taste 87 different brands of beer from breweries all across the country.
Keith hopes to continue the tradition next year after seeing such a large crowd.
The summit also included plenty of live entertainment and brewing presentations.
All proceeds will go to New Horizons, a non-profit that helps Texas children and families.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget