Abilene, TX - The first "Beer Summit" was held at Frontier Texas Saturday.
This is the first beer summit to be held in Abilene.
"Well over the past 5 years in Texas especially, there have been a lot of these beer summits, and beer festivals, going on and I've been wanting to bring one here to Abilene and get it out to West Texas, so I'm glad we could put this together," said Mike Weber, General Manager of Ben E. Keith Beverages.
Over one thousand people turned up to taste 87 different brands of beer from breweries all across the country.
Keith hopes to continue the tradition next year after seeing such a large crowd.
The summit also included plenty of live entertainment and brewing presentations.
All proceeds will go to New Horizons, a non-profit that helps Texas children and families.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth