Abilene, TX - The first "Beer Summit" was held at Frontier Texas Saturday.
This is the first beer summit to be held in Abilene.
"Well over the past 5 years in Texas especially, there have been a lot of these beer summits, and beer festivals, going on and I've been wanting to bring one here to Abilene and get it out to West Texas, so I'm glad we could put this together," said Mike Weber, General Manager of Ben E. Keith Beverages.
Over one thousand people turned up to taste 87 different brands of beer from breweries all across the country.
Keith hopes to continue the tradition next year after seeing such a large crowd.
The summit also included plenty of live entertainment and brewing presentations.
All proceeds will go to New Horizons, a non-profit that helps Texas children and families.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking
- 150 exhibitors to attend Texas Farm, Ranch & Wildlife Expo in Abilene
- Missing elderly woman found safe in Abilene
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field