SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WEAR/SBG) - A 30-year-old Milton woman faces a felony charge for having sex with a 14-year-old. Tracie Casler, who was 29 at the time, had a child nine months later, according to an investigation.
An investigator went to Escambia County High School to interview the teen in October. In a sworn statement, he said he and Casler had sex at her house after a Halloween party in 2016.
According to the report, the teen said he "put moves on her" because he was "messed up" from the party. He told the deputy this was the only time they'd engaged in sexual intercourse.
Investigators with the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office began looking into the case this year after Casler gave birth in July.
The Department of Children and Families performed a DNA test on the child in September, however, due to Florida public record laws, this information is not available to media at this time.
Casler was booked into the Santa Rosa County Jail on Nov. 9 for felony lewd and lascivious behavior, victim age 12 to 16. She remains in jail on a $30,000 bond.
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Abilene teenager indicted for pair of violent robberies
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver