ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene High and Texas Tech wide receive Lyle Leong has signed a free agent deal with the Dallas Cowboys.
Leong signed Tuesday morning, just a day after the NFL lockout ended, according to ESPN Dallas.
Leong was undrafted in the NFL and thus was free to sign with any club. Being undrafted also makes him a long shot to make the Cowboys.
At just under 6 feet, Leong is considered short by NFL standards for wide receivers.
At Texas Tech his final year, Leong caught 74 passes for 926 yards and 19 touchdowns.
In the NFL, Leong could also have a chance to play as a special teams return specialist.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated