ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene High and Texas Tech wide receive Lyle Leong has signed a free agent deal with the Dallas Cowboys.
Leong signed Tuesday morning, just a day after the NFL lockout ended, according to ESPN Dallas.
Leong was undrafted in the NFL and thus was free to sign with any club. Being undrafted also makes him a long shot to make the Cowboys.
At just under 6 feet, Leong is considered short by NFL standards for wide receivers.
At Texas Tech his final year, Leong caught 74 passes for 926 yards and 19 touchdowns.
In the NFL, Leong could also have a chance to play as a special teams return specialist.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget