ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene High and Texas Tech wide receive Lyle Leong has signed a free agent deal with the Dallas Cowboys.
Leong signed Tuesday morning, just a day after the NFL lockout ended, according to ESPN Dallas.
Leong was undrafted in the NFL and thus was free to sign with any club. Being undrafted also makes him a long shot to make the Cowboys.
At just under 6 feet, Leong is considered short by NFL standards for wide receivers.
At Texas Tech his final year, Leong caught 74 passes for 926 yards and 19 touchdowns.
In the NFL, Leong could also have a chance to play as a special teams return specialist.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon