ABILENE, Texas - Former Abilene High and Texas Tech wide receive Lyle Leong has signed a free agent deal with the Dallas Cowboys.
Leong signed Tuesday morning, just a day after the NFL lockout ended, according to ESPN Dallas.
Leong was undrafted in the NFL and thus was free to sign with any club. Being undrafted also makes him a long shot to make the Cowboys.
At just under 6 feet, Leong is considered short by NFL standards for wide receivers.
At Texas Tech his final year, Leong caught 74 passes for 926 yards and 19 touchdowns.
In the NFL, Leong could also have a chance to play as a special teams return specialist.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger