HOUSTON - Case Keenum will start at quarterback on Sunday as the Houston Texans try to snap a franchise-record eight-game losing skid.
Coach Gary Kubiak announced the decision on Monday as Houston prepares for host Jacksonville this weekend.
On Sunday, he pulled Keenum for Matt Schaub late in the third quarter of a loss to the Raiders. Schaub was terrible early this season and hadn't played since Oct. 13, after he was benched following an injury.
Keenum, an undrafted free agent who spent last year on the practice squad, has thrown for 992 yards and eight touchdowns with one interception in four starts.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't