NEW YORK - Former National League MVP Ryan Braun has been suspended without pay for the rest of the season and the postseason in what appears to be the first of a series of suspensions resulting from baseball's investigation of a Florida clinic accused of distributing performance-enhancing drugs.
MLB Commissioner Bud Selig announced the penalty Monday, citing Braun for multiple "violations" of baseball's drug program and labor contract. The Milwaukee Brewers star will miss at least 65 games.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated