NEW YORK - Former National League MVP Ryan Braun has been suspended without pay for the rest of the season and the postseason in what appears to be the first of a series of suspensions resulting from baseball's investigation of a Florida clinic accused of distributing performance-enhancing drugs.
MLB Commissioner Bud Selig announced the penalty Monday, citing Braun for multiple "violations" of baseball's drug program and labor contract. The Milwaukee Brewers star will miss at least 65 games.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot