Freeze Warnings are in effect for the Big Country for Saturday morning. A Frost Advisory is in effect for the Concho Valley and Heartland for Saturday morning.
Protect tender outdoor plants and bring inside potted plants. Make sure your outdoor pets have a warm, dry place to stay. Low temperatures should be around 32 over the region Saturday morning.
The normal date of the first freeze in Abilene is November 12. In San Angelo, it is November 13. However, some location in the northern sections of the Big Country already had a freeze earlier this month on October 8th.
We could see a freeze or frost over much of our region again Sunday morning as lows fall back into the low to middle 30s. That is, if the winds stay light Saturday night.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring