Several frontage road projects may cause Abilene drivers to find alternate routes.
Below is a press release from the Texas Department of Transportation listing the various projects around Abilene and Taylor County:
- US 83 frontage roads from Canyon Rock Road to FM 707: Work to convert frontage roads to one-way operation is now under way. Inside lanes are closed and traffic is limited to one way on each side of the freeway. An exit ramp closure is planned near Abilene Regional Medical Center early next week, and drivers should plan for alternate routes.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. The northbound entrance ramp at Industrial Boulevard is closed, and traffic will need to enter the freeway at the ramp just past Oldham Lane.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Crews are paving the roadway approaches. Traffic is be limited to one lane in each direction.
- County-wide winter storm follow-up: Pothole repair, sign repair, guard rail and barrier damage assessment will continue.
- FM 1085 south of Trent: Base failure repair.