HOUSTON - Francisco Garcia scored a season-high 21 points, Aaron Brooks also had 21 and the Houston Rockets cruised to their third straight win, 113-84 over the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday night.
Houston never trailed and again used a balanced scoring attack with James Harden out for the third straight game with a foot injury.
The Rockets went up by 12 on John Jenkins' 3-pointer early in the fourth quarter. Then Brooks outscored the Hawks 8-4 over the next 1Â½ minutes to extend Houston's lead to 90-74. Houston shot almost 52 percent from 3-point range with Brooks and Garcia combining to make seven of Houston's 14 3-pointers.
Paul Millsap had 16 points for Atlanta and Cartier Martin, who grew up in Houston, started in place of an injured Kyle Korver and had 14.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase