IRVING, Texas - Tony Romo displayed all that can be good about the Dallas offense in a 51-48 loss to Denver. The Cowboys defense is another story.
Romo had the first 500-yard passing game in team history and threw for five scores, but it still wasn't enough to end a 15-game winning streak in the regular season for Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.
The Cowboys have allowed 400-yard games to Manning, Philip Rivers and Drew Brees in the past seven games dating to last season. And that's even after a defensive overhaul.
It leaves them wondering where they stand after falling to 2-3 with Washington's Robert Griffin III returning Sunday after he embarrassed Dallas on Thanksgiving a year ago.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth