ARLINGTON, Texas - Dwayne Harris returned a punt 86 yards for a touchdown and set up another score with a 90-yard kickoff return as the Dallas Cowboys handed Robert Griffin III his first loss in his home state with a 31-16 victory against the Washington Redskins on Sunday night.
Tony Romo had just 170 yards passing a week after getting 506 in a wild 51-48 loss to Denver.
That's because Harris had 222 total return yards and Kyle Wilber forced and recovered a fumble on a sack of Griffin that left the Cowboys needing just 3 yards for a clinching score in the fourth quarter.
The Cowboys (3-3) gave owner Jerry Jones a win on his 71st birthday.
Dallas kept the defending NFC East champ Redskins (1-4) from building any momentum after a win and a bye following an 0-3 start.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth