ARLINGTON, Texas - Dwayne Harris returned a punt 86 yards for a touchdown and set up another score with a 90-yard kickoff return as the Dallas Cowboys handed Robert Griffin III his first loss in his home state with a 31-16 victory against the Washington Redskins on Sunday night.
Tony Romo had just 170 yards passing a week after getting 506 in a wild 51-48 loss to Denver.
That's because Harris had 222 total return yards and Kyle Wilber forced and recovered a fumble on a sack of Griffin that left the Cowboys needing just 3 yards for a clinching score in the fourth quarter.
The Cowboys (3-3) gave owner Jerry Jones a win on his 71st birthday.
Dallas kept the defending NFC East champ Redskins (1-4) from building any momentum after a win and a bye following an 0-3 start.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans