BOSTON - A great summer of golf finally paid off for Henrik Stenson when he won the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Stenson raced by a fast-fading Sergio Garcia on Monday, and he holed a bunker shot on the 17th hole to turn back a final threat from Steve Stricker. The Swede, who had close calls in two majors, closed with a 5-under 66 and tied the tournament record at the TPC Boston. He won by two shots over Stricker.
Labor Day at the TPC Boston was loaded with drama.
Brendan Steele birdied his last four holes to advance to the third playoff event in Chicago. Ernie Els made it by a fraction of a point. And Zach Johnson made a 25-foot birdie putt on his last hole to make the Presidents Cup team.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon