BOSTON - A great summer of golf finally paid off for Henrik Stenson when he won the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Stenson raced by a fast-fading Sergio Garcia on Monday, and he holed a bunker shot on the 17th hole to turn back a final threat from Steve Stricker. The Swede, who had close calls in two majors, closed with a 5-under 66 and tied the tournament record at the TPC Boston. He won by two shots over Stricker.
Labor Day at the TPC Boston was loaded with drama.
Brendan Steele birdied his last four holes to advance to the third playoff event in Chicago. Ernie Els made it by a fraction of a point. And Zach Johnson made a 25-foot birdie putt on his last hole to make the Presidents Cup team.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field