BOSTON - A great summer of golf finally paid off for Henrik Stenson when he won the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Stenson raced by a fast-fading Sergio Garcia on Monday, and he holed a bunker shot on the 17th hole to turn back a final threat from Steve Stricker. The Swede, who had close calls in two majors, closed with a 5-under 66 and tied the tournament record at the TPC Boston. He won by two shots over Stricker.
Labor Day at the TPC Boston was loaded with drama.
Brendan Steele birdied his last four holes to advance to the third playoff event in Chicago. Ernie Els made it by a fraction of a point. And Zach Johnson made a 25-foot birdie putt on his last hole to make the Presidents Cup team.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught