ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday was a historic night at Abilene Christian University where for the first time in its 106-year history, the university held a school-sponsored dance.
ACU refused to allow our cameras on campus to capture the event.
It was just last month that the university revised its policy on dance allowing it for cultural expression by recognized ACU organizations and only with approval of the Department of Student Life.
Affiliated with the Church of Christ, the Abilene university has discouraged dancing and never allowed it during school-sponsored events.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies