ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday was a historic night at Abilene Christian University where for the first time in its 106-year history, the university held a school-sponsored dance.
ACU refused to allow our cameras on campus to capture the event.
It was just last month that the university revised its policy on dance allowing it for cultural expression by recognized ACU organizations and only with approval of the Department of Student Life.
Affiliated with the Church of Christ, the Abilene university has discouraged dancing and never allowed it during school-sponsored events.
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season