ABILENE, Texas - Tuesday was a historic night at Abilene Christian University where for the first time in its 106-year history, the university held a school-sponsored dance.
ACU refused to allow our cameras on campus to capture the event.
It was just last month that the university revised its policy on dance allowing it for cultural expression by recognized ACU organizations and only with approval of the Department of Student Life.
Affiliated with the Church of Christ, the Abilene university has discouraged dancing and never allowed it during school-sponsored events.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated